Second Floor, Room 214
We are pleased to offer child care from 8:45 am to the end of the 11 o'clock service each Sunday. Children are welcome at all points during our worship. During liturgies, parents are encouraged to bring their children to the altar for Holy Communion or a blessing. Infants and toddlers experience the love and comfort of the church family while being cared for during classes and services.
Calvary's Nursery is staffed at all times by two licensed childcare professionals. Darlene Clay and Joann Wingfield tend to Calvary's kids 0-5 years old with loving care.
In order to make sure that our nursery is a happy, safe, and fun environment, we have established the following guidelines:
- Please make the staff aware of any allergies or medical needs when you leave your child.
- When you arrive, please sign in your child.
- The nursery opens 10 minutes before each service and closes 15 minutes after its conclusion.
- Please do not leave the church while your child is in the nursery.
- Many times, young children may tend to cry when they are dropped off in the nursery. Some separation anxiety is normal for young children, and they are usually easily distracted soon after they arrive. In some cases, children continue to cry. If after 10 minutes we are not able to console your child, you may be notified by the nursery staff.
A child with any of the following symptoms should not be brought to the Calvary nursery. Please help keep help us keep our children healthy by keeping your child with you if he or she has any of the following:
- Runny nose (colored discharge)
- Vomiting/diarrhea within 24 hours
- Contagious disease (Chicken Pox/pink eye)
- Inflamed mouth or throat
- Chest congestion/labored breathing
- Open sores
- Colored discharge from eyes
If you have any questions about the Calvary Nursery, or childcare, please contact Elizabeth Back.